There is a saying that customers are willing to pay top prices for a service if they understand the VALUE you are offering. Therefore, your mission is to explain the Value so well that it is a no-brainer for your customer to buy from you.
The problem is that Value is subjective. What is considered valuable to one person might be different to another buyer. To address this, we use Juxta-positioning.
So what is price or value juxtaposition? In short, it’s a way of positioning yourself in the market so that you are seen as offering an exceptional product or service at a lower cost than other competitors – ultimately enticing consumers to make their purchases with you.
Tweak the Value
The word Juxtaposition in marketing is a compare & contrast strategy to demonstrate a stark difference between subject A (or object A) with Subject B or other comparable Subjects (or Objects) when they are all placed side by side.
The mission of Juxtaposition is to shine the light on the Chosen One (Subject or Object) and make other comparable entities appear inferior, insignificant, or a runner-up – thus, making it a breeze for the audience to determine who the winner is.
Classic Example with the use of Juxtapositioning.
Think bridesmaids. Their function was not to outshine the Bride but to accentuate her impressionable qualities on her special day by carefully downplaying their styling, dress size, and physical attractiveness. Any bridesmaid who is more attractive and hotter than the Bride herself will not be invited to become the bridesmaid, regardless if they were BFF (best friend forever) since childhood; it is a straight No when it comes to the wedding day.
Suppose you carefully apply the same strategy – Juxta-positioning to your marketing. In that case, your company will be symbolic as the Bride and the rest of your competitors become the bridesmaids in the eyes of your prospects. This means do not include a strong competitor when you apply juxtaposition.
Here are more few tips to make this work.
- Evaluate your top 3 direct competitors’ faults, strengths, pricing, and offers.
- Assess your Business model and find the features or benefits you can extract to contrast your competitors starkly.
- Adjust it, refine, or make it at least 10% better.
- Identify opportunities and loopholes that you could gain a competitive edge over them.
- Do a price & value juxtaposition.
- Create Images or Videos to demonstrate your Price/ Value Juxta positioning.
Let’s look at more ways to use Juxtaposition in your business.
How to Use Juxtaposition
- Attention-grabbing: Juxtaposition can be a powerful tool to grab your audience’s attention. Combining two contrasting services/ products (ideas) creates a visual or conceptual tension that is hard to ignore. This can help you stand out in a crowded marketplace and increase brand recognition.
- Emotional appeal: Juxtaposition can help you evoke strong emotions in your audience. By contrasting two opposing concepts or images, you can create a powerful emotional response that can motivate your audience to take action or feel a certain way about your brand.
- Creativity: Juxtaposition encourages creative thinking and experimentation. By combining disparate elements, you can generate unexpected insights and ideas to help you innovate and differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Memorable: Because juxtaposition creates a strong contrast between two or more elements, it can help your message stick in the minds of your audience. This can be especially useful for promoting a new product or service or reinforcing your brand identity.
- Flexibility: Juxtaposition is a versatile technique used in various marketing contexts. Whether creating print ads, social media posts, or video content, you can use the juxtaposition to create a compelling message that resonates with your audience.
In the realm of competitors, you want to shine in your marketplace.
A juxtaposition is an effective tool that can be used to bring out the contrast between you and your competitors. Evaluating competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, pricing, and offers can illuminate areas where you could gain a competitive edge. Crafting detailed images or videos to define your differences are an incredibly powerful tool for showcasing price/value juxtaposition. Additionally, stilling attention-grabbing qualities such as memorable appeal, emotional appeal, creativity and flexibility aided with a powerful Call to Action will draw in readers and help strengthen the impact of your message.
Join the Workshop to learn more about smart tactical strategies for business growth using this price/value juxtaposition skill set. With expert guidance and strong strategies implemented, businesses have greater potential for long-term success.