If you want to grab the attention of your market, it’s important to understand their actual needs and then craft attention-grabbing headlines, titles, and headings for your webpages to draw them into your domain. You see, it’s not sufficient to merely state the topic; you must promise a desired outcome or result that truly resonates with your target audience. This way, you will make them sit up and take notice.
Now, to do this effectively, you need to get inside the minds of your audience. You’ve got to know their pain points (problems), frustrations (problems), needs (desire), and aspirations (actualisation). And one way to do that is by using the “3 W” formula—figuring out who they are, what they’re looking for, and why they want it. When you apply the 3 W formula and discover the hidden truth, you can tailor your content to their specific interests and desires to create a more engaging and impactful experience for your readers.
So, remember, it’s all about connecting with your audience on a deeper level. By understanding what makes them tick and using that knowledge to craft compelling content, you’ll be able to capture their attention and keep them hooked.
Here are three tips for applying the 3 W formula.
The 3 W Formula
First, ask yourself.
- What is one problem (or thing) that your readers yearn to fix/resolve/ remedy/ attain ASAP?
Ask yourself: “What specific outcome does my prospect want to achieve?”
E.g. my prospect wants (insert specific outcome) to: –
- Make more money fast (without having to work)
- Develop more capabilities fast (without having to invest and train).
- Acquire more skills, increase network, and amplify their resources fast!
- Become financially independent – quickly!
- Experience more happiness, indulge in sensory pleasure, and create more free time.
- Or experience Less pain, less suffering, less stress, less headache, etc
Whatever the answer is, you can label that as Outcome No. 1.
Next, ask the WHY.
- WHY do they want to attain the outcome (Outcome #1)?
– To Travel around the world To have a family
– To become useful in the society
– To do what they want
– To pursue their [Hobby]
– To buy fast cars, big house, and impress others
Whatever the answer Is, that will be the result in No. 2.
- Finally, go deep and ask another WHY is it important to attain result #2?
This might be your client’s ultimate truth behind their tier 1 and 2 emotional triggers (pain, needs, frustrations, and aspirations). And the reasons are as follows: –
– To earn the respect of others
– To feel a sense of significance
– To experience inner peace – and walk away from chaos and drama
– To experience Love
– To have the freedom to choose
The 3rd WHY addresses their deepest emotional needs.
And that is the answer you want to convey your message to them,
Now that you have done your 3 Ws pick the 2nd and 3rd responses and convert them into a sentence to capture your market’s attention. Use emotional trigger words to craft your one-liner text.
- Longevity is built on solid ground – don’t compromise with a cheap structural engineer, choose [ABC Company].
To see how I use the 3 W formula, check out my other blogs and articles.
The key takeaway is that the more accurately you can tap into their emotions, the more likely they will pay attention to your content.
Although many emotional needs are common needs among us, it’s important to avoid sounding too generic or cliche in your headlines, titles, and headings.
Instead, try to find unique and creative ways to express these emotional triggers in your content. By doing so, you can create a more compelling and engaging experience for your readers, and increase the likelihood that they will continue to follow and engage with your brand.
In conclusion, crafting attention-grabbing headlines, titles, and headings is crucial in content marketing. By using the 3 W formula, businesses can better understand their target audience and tailor their content to resonate with their specific interests and desires. By addressing their emotional needs and desires, businesses can create more engaging and impactful experiences for their readers. It’s important to avoid generic or cliched language in headlines, titles, and headings and instead find unique and creative ways to express emotional triggers. By implementing these strategies, businesses can increase their audience engagement and build stronger connections with their target audience.
If you want to be surrounded by a bunch of non-judgemental business owners to grow your Business, join our Mastermind group.